Sunday 24 January 2010

Sound Cloud - Upload your work and comment .

Unfortunately, Blogger doesn't allow you to upload audio files, the work around that I found was to create a video file with Windows Movie Maker, using a .jpeg picture and then importing an audio track and bouncing both into a video file, not ideal, so I did a bit of searching around to see if I could find a website where I could upload audio to and then embed the link into my blog, low and behold, success...

Really great website called Soundcloud.com. It's like a social networking site for music producers, artists, sound sculptors, Prophets, messiahs, you name it.


Click the image for higher resolution picture.


You can upload your audio tracks and the file will be represented by a timeline and visual wave file of your track. The great thing is, on this visual representation, you can add comments on specific parts of the work, comment on others' work and get constructive feedback from like minded people who appreciate the difficulties in creating music tracks, but also have tips to help improve. There are some well established producers using this website to upload their works in progress and there seems to be a really good community vibe.
You can upload, with a free membership, up to 2 hours of audio, it accepts both .wav and .mp3 file extensions.

Although, primarily, I have found that there is a lot of "dance" music production on here, there are no restrictions on audio content and styles that you can upload, so I'm putting my own sound work for my projects on here and the same principle arises with commenting on specific parts of the track.

No comments:

Post a Comment