Sunday 24 January 2010

Elephant & Castle Sound Collage

I decided to create a 5 minute collage of all the sounds I recorded around Elephant & Castle on my first day "out in the field". Have a listen.





Elephant & Castle Collage by AudioHive

What is interesting is because the sound track immediately establishes itself as an urban soundscape, one expects a bustling and chaotic sound environment, all of the sounds do seem to knit together and sound like all the same recording. This soundscape is in fact 20 seperate segments, this only becomes apparent when sounds suddenly drop out or appear suddenly, this I commented on at the bottom of my previous post Cut & Paste. All of these sounds were also recorded in mono, so I panned the multiple tracks in different directions to give the illusion of space.

The sounds recorded are fom various locations in the area; the roundabout, the underpasses, the market, inside the shopping centre, the train station, the underground station, the foyer and atrium of LCC and the LCC tower block.

No comments:

Post a Comment